Monday, July 20, 2009

Podcast 4 Abbie Clarke

I am so pleased that I chatted with Abbie Clarke about writing. She is just getting started as a writer and tells me that when she gets home from work will write for a couple of hours for the novel she is working on.

I persuaded her to get a blog set up to start building her brand and get know as a writer. Abbies’ Blog.

I found it refreshing talking to a young person that has creativity in mind and a desire to produce something for public consumption. I think that a writer has to develop a thick skin though because there will be lots of rejection notices from publishing house before it finally get taken and a book gets published. But if you stick in there and keep working at it then it will work out eventually.

In the interview I talk about the audiobook route that people like Matthew Wayne Selznick, Scott Sigler and JC Hutchins have taken. Seems to work well for them, as on the back of their podcasted books given for free they have developed a following and have got sales of printed materials and book deals. I am tempted to go that route myself, though I am not sure what sort of story would suit my Brummie accent.

Enjoy the podcast with the interview of Abbie Clarke.

1 comment:

  1. Weathertime Wallpaper Windows

    I feel I have a good product to advertise, and you will do me a FAVOR promoting your blogs on mine in return. Please check My Profile for, I hope, more interesting stuff.

    Yours,
    Peter Ingestad, Sweden

    ReplyDelete